The Cerebro feature “Rule-Based Call Forwarding” allows users of Skype for Business (SfB) to set up extremely flexible call forwarding so that they are easy to reach. This not only helps foster a well-balanced working environment by relieving employees and increasing productivity, but also leads to more professional visibility, and more satisfied customers.
This feature extends the SfB's own call forwarding capabilities to the following options:
- Current forwarding criteria:
- Is the user’s line busy?
- Is the user offline?
- Is the user inactive?
- Is the user not answering?
- Has the user set a certain presence status?
- Is the caller on the VIP whitelist?
- Is it an internal or external call?
- Forwarding destinations:
- Internal SfB user(s) (several via SimRing)
- External SfB user(s) (several via SimRing)
- Any number
- A number stored in one of the following Active Directory attributes: mobile, homePhone, or otherTelephone
- A user’s voicemail
- The free members of the own team-call group
The settings can also be adapted or changed on behalf of other users if this particular person is
- a CerebroAdmin;
- registered to take the user’s calls (as a delegate) in SfB;
- is registered as a member of the user’s team-call group in the SfB client.
A CerebroAdmin can also create global rules for all users that can subsequently be overwritten by users, as required.